AC power cord set for
Microsoft Surface Pro and Pro 2, and for certain Surface Pro
3 sold on or before 15 July 2015.
Cordsets supplied with other Surface devices are not
affected by this recall.
There are no
identifying serial or bar code numbers on the AC power
What are the
The AC supply flexible
cord of the cordset can fail at the entry to the appliance
connector where it plugs into the power supply unit for the
device, or at the entry to the power socket.
What are the
Risk of electric shock
sold this product
The products were sold
to consumers by Microsoft Store Online, JB Hi-Fi and Harvey
Norman, and to commercial customers by Microsoft authorised
device resellers, between February 2013 and July 2015.
• Surface Pro: 9th February 2013 - 15th March 2015
• Surface Pro 2: 22nd October 2013 - 15th March 2015
• Surface Pro 3: 20th June 2014 - 15th July 2015
* Stop using your AC
power cordset immediately if you have a Surface Pro, Pro 2,
or pre July 15, 2015, Pro 3. Switch off the power at the
socket outlet and disconnect it.
* Discard the AC power cordset so it cannot be reused.
* To request a replacement AC power cordset or further
information on this recall, contact Microsoft Corporation at
the Microsoft Surface Pro AC Power Cord Replacement Program